- This event has passed.
Squaw Mountain Run
July 24 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm UTC-7$40
The Squaw Mountain Run
The race starts at the base of Squaw Valley (6200’), the course climbs 3.6 miles up Mountain Run to High Camp (8200’) where awards, raffle, music, refreshments, and beer from Fiftyfifty Brewery (must have ID) in Truckee are provided.
All entries include:
- Runners get transport of spare clothes up to High Camp (bring a labeled compact bag for your gear).
- 2 aid stations on the course (first one with just water, second with water and energy supplies to fuel you for the last push to the finish).
- Custom prize for the top 3 men and top three women overall.
- Awards for the uphill competitors – top 3 places in 10 year age categories.
- Flower Walk participants get a tram ride to High Camp and a guided walk with Tahoe Institute for Natural Science.
- All participants are entered into the raffle for some great prizes from our sponsors.
- All participants receive a souvenir beer glass at the finish line.
- Live music, refreshments, and beer (must have ID) at High Camp.
- Flag at the awards to honor those who are battling cancer, have lost their lives to cancer, or have beat cancer.
- Free cable car ride back down.
- Souvenir shirts and visors available for purchase on a first-come basis.
- Hydrapak UltraFlasks available for purchase.
Early Bird (Before July 4th)
Junior (under 20): $25
Junior (under 20): $30
Junior (under 20): $35
Junior (under 20): $50
Note: This is a cupless race – please bring your own water bottle or cup for the aid stations. You can purchase a Hydrapak Ultraflask for $10 at the race or when you register. You can also head down to TMS and pick up a Sea to Summit X Cup or a Platypus Soft Bottle.
For more detailed information, please visit ASC’s Event Website.
A Truckee local who loves splitboarding, snowboarding, hiking, backpacking, running, mountain biking, you name it. Her dog, Chip the Rip, is her ultimate adventure buddy and fellow frother. Inspired by the outdoors, graphic designer, and marketing guru.