- This event has passed.
Palisades Mountain Run
July 23 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC-7
For the past 41 years, hundreds of runners and hikers have made the annual pilgrimage to the top of Palisades for this unique running event with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the High Sierra. Starting at the base of Palisades USA (6200’), the course climbs 3.6 miles up Mountain Run to High Camp (8200’) where awards, raffle, music, refreshments, and beer from Fiftyfifty Brewery (must have ID) in Truckee are provided.
The Palisades Mountain Run is a benefit for the Gene Upshaw Memorial Cancer center and the Auburn Ski Club Scholarship Fund.
*Please note: We are a cupless race – please bring your own water bottle or cup for the aid stations.
ALL ENTRIES INCLUDE…
- Runners get transport of spare clothes up to High Camp (bring a labeled compact bag for your gear).
- 2 aid stations on the course (first one with just water, second with water and energy supplies to fuel you for the last push to the finish).
- FREE digital race photos
- Custom prize for the top 3 men and top three women overall.
- Awards for the uphill competitors – top 3 places in 10 year age categories.
- All participants are entered into the raffle for some great prizes from our sponsors.
- All participants receive a souvenir beer glass at the finish line.
- Live music, refreshments, and beer (must have ID) at High Camp.
- Flag at the awards to honor those who are battling cancer, have lost their lives to cancer, or have beat cancer.
- Free cable car ride back down.
PACKET/BIB PICKUP & DAY-OF REGISTRATION
Friday, July 22 from 4-7pm / Saturday, July 23 from 7-8:30am
Location: The Village @ Palisades
Registration closes at 8:30am on July 23rd
- “Day-Of” Registration is on KT deck!
- Pint glasses are in!… and we’re thirsty just looking at ’em. All finishers receive a free event pint glass at the finish and 50/50 Brewery will be on hand to fill up your glass.
- Tshirts on sale for $20/each. While supplies last!
- FREE YOGA available to any/everyone at the top of the mountain. Space is limited so keep an eye out for designated times.
- Post-Run stretching will also be available through out the morning as runner’s cross the finish line.
MILITARY DISCOUNT: Thank you to all the men and women who serve in our country’s military. Please take 15% off your registration with the code MIL15. You will need to show your military ID when you pick up your race bib.
Please join us at the top of the course for festivities and to support the Cancer Center and Auburn Ski Club. With the purchase of an event ticket, you can ride the 9:00am or 9:20am tram. At the top you get a commemorative pint glass, entered in the raffle, beer (must have ID), food, live music, and the opportunity to cheer on your friends and family! There will be no discounted tram tickets this year for event spectators. You must join the event and you can get a ride to the top. If you want to ride a later tram you can purchase a tram ticket from Palisades and ride up later. By participating in the event you support the cause and get to join in all the fun!