Armor for your skin to protect you from the pesky blister.
The Small, but Mighty, Blister
Odds are that at some point in your life you have experienced a blister. Maybe from a little pinch of something on your finger or after wearing a new pair of shoes for the first time. If you are lucky, it’s been mild and not a day ender or worse. Blisters on your feet are up there with one of the more annoying things in life. All joking aside, they can be serious if you are unable to treat them in a timely manner. Besides being flat-out uncomfortable, they can get infected and cause you to walk abnormally due to the compensation imposed on the rest of your body to get somewhere you can rest. This can cause stress throughout other joints and lead to further aches and pains. Though it may not sound like a big deal, getting a blister while out on a long run or hike can have longer effects than you would want to imagine. Blister prevention is a real tactic you should consider before a long day on your feet, no matter what the activity is.
How Can You Prevent A Blister
There are many products on the market for blister prevention. You can google “blister prevention” and find a myriad of methods and treatments. Band-aids, tapes, patches, powders, glides, combinations of these products, certain socks, sock liners, shoe size, and the list goes on! While it is important to find a good pair of socks and shoes that fit correctly, there are so many other variables that come into play that not any one method is full-proof for each individual adventure or person. However, Armaskin set out to find that full-proof method by creating a single product that is reusable and fits the boot for a wide variety of activities.
The Armsaskin Method
The Armaskin method isn’t so much a method, it’s a product. Armaskin has created an anti-blister liner sock to provide the ultimate protection against those nasty little blister buggers. These liners are not simply a thinner sock you wear under your main sock. Armaskin took the idea of a basic liner and took it several steps forward.
Armaskin’s Anti Blister Technology
- The inner surface of the sock has a silicone (Si) polymer coating which gently holds to the skin and PREVENTS any FRICTION that would occur naturally between socks and skin.
- Any movement generated in the boot/shoe is deflected by the smooth outer surface.
- The polymer coating is macro porous and hydrophobic (water hating) therefore SHIFTS MOISTURE away from the skin keeping it drier.
- Right foot and Left foot profiles combine with flexible material to provide a snug fit free of folds.
- In addition the Silicon fusion polymer is bacteria static so the socks can be worn for prolonged periods of time.
- ArmaSkin starts with technical materials, continues with better design and a strong emphasis on working with our customers. Whether it is blister prevention or sock innovation we deliver more comfort and efficiency
- ArmaSkin socks are designed to be worn directly against the skin, under normal hiking or running socks (you will be wearing 2 pairs of socks). They are engineered like a wetsuit to fit and protect your feet. Do not pull them on, instead roll them up your foot with the sticky side inward. Correct size should fit very snug and not move around on your foot. If your size falls between ranges, select the larger size unless you have a narrow foot.
- DO NOT USE GLIDE or other anti-blister gels or powders on your feet with ArmaSkin as the two are not compatible and will likely cause more blisters.
- STRETCHES to fit your exact contours [Made with 87% Polyester, 16% Spandex, 5% Silicone] — Smooth outer fabric absorbs any friction created by foot movement within the shoe Preventing Blisters. Seams on outside of sock to minimize foot irritation.
- MOISTURE AND ODOR CONTROL — Si Fusion Hydrophobic inner layer pushes moisture to outer layer keeping skin dry. Bacteria Static so the liner socks can be worn for prolonged periods of time for hiking, running, marathons and other outdoor adventures without smelling up the place.
Watch the Pros and Buy Now
Check out this video on how to correctly put on Armaskin Socks for blister prevention. Give Armaskin a try today and have them delivered right to your door! With two sizes to choose from you can cover your bases for all footwear.
For the ultimate foot comfort check out our blog on custom footbeds and schedule a fitting today!
Tarin is a personal trainer, yoga teacher, the TMS marketing director and overall outdoor enthusiast who’s dabbled in a little of everything. She spends winter snowboarding, splitboarding, and more recently, snowmobiling too. In the summer you can find her mountain biking and teaching paddleboard yoga and fitness on Lake Tahoe and Donner lake!